The course aims to provide the knowledge and understanding to improve communication methods and understand and overcome barriers to communicating effectively with a person with learning disabilities. This workshop will also help to consider the importance of effective communication, and to identify the impact of a lack of effective communication.
- Understand why effective communication is important in the setting in which you work or live.
- Be able to identify ways to overcome barriers to communication.
- Look at different aids in communication.
- Consider how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
- Effective communication within a positive behaviour support framework.
Please contact our Training Coordinator on 01603 765405 or email us at email@example.com