Areas covered include correct techniques with regards to posture, lifting objects/children, hoisting and rolling of a person. This includes the use of risk assessments using the ELITE framework.
• To outline legislation related to Moving and Handling.
• To examine causes and understand the dangers of incorrect Moving and Handling.
• To investigate the ergonomics of Moving and Handling.
• To demonstrate correct techniques, with regards to posture, lifting objects / children, hoisting and rolling of a person.
• To implement risk assessments using the ELITE framework (Environment Load Individual Task Equipment).
• To be aware of safe working practices in regard to using and maintaining Moving and Handling equipment.
Learners will be observed throughout the course and will be required to fully participate and show they have an understanding. Learners will receive a certificate of attendance.
All our training is tailored to suit your particular needs.
We can also deliver Moving and Handling Refresher courses. This course offers practitioners the chance to update and practice their knowledge and practical skills according to mandatory training requirements. The course is suitable for anyone who has completed a 6 hour Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months.
Please contact our Training Coordinator on 01603 215193 or email us at email@example.com