The aim of the course is to develop knowledge of the senses and the way sensory information can be processed. To understand the importance of sensory play in learning and development, learners will be taking part in practical activities, which will explore potential barriers and ways of overcoming these.
• To develop knowledge of the senses and the way sensory information can be processed.
• To understand the importance of sensory play in learning and development.
• To explore some of the potential barriers to play.
• To explore and discuss the individual needs of children or adults and the need to understand and respect sensory integration disorders.
• To investigate a variety of resources- specialist, natural and heuristic. Discuss and explore the possible uses and accessibility of these.
• To emphasize that by gaining a fuller understanding of a child’s or adult’s needs, likes and dislikes, each worker can play a more significant part in releasing their full potential.
• To explore briefly the potential barriers to accessing the wider community with sensory integration disorders.
• To identify relevant professionals and procedures to refer to when additional support may be required.
Training can be delivered from one of our centres in Norwich or we can also come and deliver training at your setting. All our training is tailored to suit your particular needs.
Please contact our Training Coordinator on 01603 215193 or email us at email@example.com