My brother - Alistair Leggett - was severely disabled and used to come to the Hamlet holiday clubs during all school holidays when we were growing up (back when the Children's club was still at Ella Road!). I also volunteered and then later worked at the Hamlet during my holidays whilst at school and uni. I have really fond memories of both working and my brother being supported by the charity. I know how much Alistair got out of the centre and what a big difference your support can make for families with children with disabilities. Alistair sadly died 10 years ago now, but the Hamlet has always held really fond memories for me and my whole family.
I really hope that having a monthly donation helps you all and that you can continue to keep supporting lots of families like mine.
Money donated could pay for the following for The Hamlet Charity:
- £10 - half an hour one-to-one family support with a specialist practitioner
- £25 - 3 hours one-to-one specialist support for a child attending a holiday playscheme
- £75 - two stay-and-play sensory sessions for parents and under fives
- £100 - a BIGmack ‘switch’ to enable children with disabilities to play with a wide variety of toys
- £500 - specialist Eye Gaze software to enable children and adults to communicate using this technology.
With our regular giving scheme, Friends of The Hamlet, you can set up regular payments via Total Giving at an amount that suits you.
See our Friends of The Hamlet page for more information about this regular giving scheme.