It aims to provide the knowledge and understanding to improve communication methods and understand and overcome barriers to communicating effectively with a person with learning disabilities. This workshop will also help to consider the importance of effective communication, and to identify the impact of a lack of effective communication.
- Understand why effective communication is important in the setting in which you work or live.
- Be able to identify ways to overcome barriers to communication.
- Look at different aids in communication.
- Consider how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
- Effective communication within a positive behaviour support framework.
Date: Wednesday 30th October 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Venue: 221 St Leonards Road, Norwich, NR1 4JN
Cost: £20 per person
Please contact our Training Coordinator on 01603 765405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our training page on website for further courses and workshops available at The Hamlet.