You have at least one year’s experience of working in an office environment and you have an excellent telephone manner. You are able to build relationships with people quickly. You understand the importance of confidentiality and how to handle sensitive information. You are confident in using data bases and Microsoft Office. You are accurate and organised in your work. You communicate well with your colleagues and you are a team player, willing to help your colleagues and get involved in a small charity. You are a willing learner and keen to understand the processes, so you ask questions to clarify and ensure good attention to detail. Patience and understanding are essential. You are confident in meeting people and have a friendly, outgoing personality and work well under pressure. You have a ‘can do’ approach to everything!
Hours of work: 12 hours per week 10am - 2pm
Salary: £5,098.39 per annum
Days of work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Closing date: Friday 15th February at 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 25th February
The post hold will:
1. Have at least 1 years’ experience of working in a small team office environment (essential)
2. Have experience of Human Resources (desirable)
3. Have a relevant administration qualification (desirable)
4. Have excellent knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office applications (essential)
5. Have the ability to work with a range of people in a customer service role, some of whom may have communication difficulties (essential)
6. Have a high standard of written and spoken English, to at least GCSE Grade C (essential)
7. Be confident in using the internet and have some knowledge of updating information for webpages (desirable)
8. Be able to work under pressure, to be a self-starter and seek support when required (essential)
9. Be highly organised and process driven (essential)
10. Be able to work with patience and understanding (essential)
11. Be able to travel between The Hamlet sites in the working day if required (essential)
12. Have great attention to detail (essential)
Please note, you must be over 18 years old to apply for this role.
The Hamlet is committed to safeguarding and ensuring that all aspects of recruitment reflect this.
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
The Hamlet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Hamlet politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies, nor accept the fees associated with them.
Please note, we do not accept CVs - to apply please download an application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org