We are particularly looking for Support Workers available to work Saturdays throughout the year to support our Play Schemes.
We are always interested to hear from people who want to work with us as support workers at our Short Breaks Playschemes for children and young people with disabilities
All children and young people attending deserve the best experience that we are able to offer in a happy and safe environment. Children must have a sense of belonging, of being welcome and be able to grow in confidence and self-esteem. The Support Worker will support independence, choice, integration and inclusion in the community.
To become a support worker at the children’s service it is essential that you:
- Are over 18 years of age and can provide evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Have a satisfactory DBS check. Any conviction or adverse report relating to care, children or dishonesty would make a candidate unsuitable for this role
- Are able to work weekends, school holidays and some evenings
- Have an understanding of the importance of all children’s need to have fun, socialise and relax and ways in which staff can support this
- Are prepared to use the skills you have, and demonstrate an enthusiasm and energy to join in and get involved
- Have an understanding of the challenges disabled young people and their families can face on a daily basis and an appreciation of the barriers to inclusion that disabled people and their families experience
- Are able to work in a physically demanding role that involves lifting and operating lifting equipment
- Are willing to undertake training as required for the role.
Pay: £7.90 up to and including 24 years old, £8.17 over 25 years old
We review applicants for interview on a regular basis.
The Hamlet politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies, nor accept the fees associated with them.
To apply: Please return your completed application form to email@example.com
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
For more information please download the relevant documents below: