The Hamlet has been working with children and adults with disabilities and complex health needs in Norfolk and north Suffolk for 50 years and is a well-respected and established local charity serving 500 families each year.
This is a brand-new role created to capitalise on the growth of the charity's profile to further develop brand and awareness across the organisation, to include all aspects of the charity’s work from day services to training and development. You will produce engaging, informative literature. You will develop strong relationships with local media, TV and radio, businesses and schools as well as using social media and our website.
The role will support applications for funding from different sources through bid writing.
You will represent the charity at events and be able to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences and potential funders interested in our work.
You will work with the senior management team, Chief Executive and central office staff to determine how to promote the work of the charity and be key in developing a communication strategy. Brilliant imagination will enable you to create compelling messages for supporters; you will also support fundraising initiatives at a practical level and develop our volunteer and supporter base through communications and using your creativity.
An understanding of disability and the charity sector would be an advantage but is not essential. This is a unique chance to work as part of a small, innovative team with lots of autonomy and influence, as well as a fantastic opportunity for personal growth and development.
You will be based at our Head Office on St Leonards Road in Norwich.
If you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm we are looking for, please complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: part time - 21 hours per week (12 months initially, to be reviewed in-line with our fundraising and marketing strategy). Days to be negotiated.
Salary: £11,225.76 per annum (£10.28 per hour)
Start date: 1st April 2018
Closing Date: February 21st at 12 noon
The successful applicant will have:
- A high standard of numeracy and good computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Paint.Net or similar
- Relevant experience in producing marketing materials
- A good understanding of the importance of branding and corporate image
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, including good customer service skills and an ability to relate well to a broad range of people
- A flexible, adaptable approach is essential
- Experience of public speaking
- Experience of writing effective copy for different audiences
- Good working knowledge of digital and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Excellent proof-reading capabilities
- Experience of events and fundraising
- Experience of writing bids for funding
- An enthusiastic team player but also able to work on your own initiative
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends
- A willingness to undertake training as required
- The ability to travel as required by the job
- Be physically fit and able to meet the demands of the job that may require lifting heavy resources and setting them up in various locations
- General administration experience.
To apply please complete the application form and return to email@example.com by February 21st at 12 noon.